"All the real Indians died off" : and 20 other myths about Native Americans, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz and Dina Gilio-WhitakerThe Resource "All the real Indians died off" : and 20 other myths about Native Americans, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz and Dina Gilio-Whitaker
- "All the real Indians died off" : and 20 other myths about Native Americans, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz and Dina Gilio-Whitaker
- Title remainder
- and 20 other myths about Native Americans
- Statement of responsibility
- Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz and Dina Gilio-Whitaker
- Carrier category
- Carrier MARC source
- Content category
- Content type MARC source
- All the real Indians died off -- Indians were the first immigrants to the western hemisphere -- Columbus discovered America -- Thanksgiving proves the Indians welcomed the pilgrims -- Indians were savage and warlike -- Indians should move on and forget the past -- Europeans brought civilization to the backward Indians -- The United States did not have a policy of genocide -- US presidents were benevolent or at least fair-minded toward Indians -- The only real Indians are full-bloods, and they are dying off -- The United States gave Indians their reservations -- Indians are wards of the state -- Sports mascots honor Native Americans -- Native American culture belongs to all Americans -- Most Indians are on government welfare -- Indian casinos make them all rich -- Indians are anti-science -- Indians are naturally predisposed to alcoholism -- What's the problem with thinking of Indian women as princesses or squaws? -- Native Americans can't agree on what to be called -- Indians are victims and deserve our sympathy
- Control code
- 22 cm.
- xi, 208 pages
- Media category
- Media MARC source
ContextContext of "All the real Indians died off" : and 20 other myths about Native Americans, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz and Dina Gilio-Whitaker
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Muskegon Area District Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.